As predicted by Kumekucha a few days ago, Kibaki's part cabinet is named and our predictions are spot on.
This afternoon 'President' Mwai Kibaki made a live broadcast address to the nation:
" I am pleased to announce part of my Cabinet. In forming the Cabinet, I have considered the importance of keeping the country united, peaceful and prosperous under a strong, broad-based leadership. I am accordingly, naming the first half of my Cabinet as follows:"
(1) Vice President and Minister for Home Affairs - Hon. Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka,
(2) Minister of State for Provincial Administration and Internal Security, Office of the President- Hon. Professor George Saitoti
(3) Minister of State for Defence, Office of the President - Hon. Yussuf Mohamed Haji
(4) Minister of State for Special Programmes, Office of the President - Hon. Dr. Naomi Namsi Shaban,
5) Minister for Public Service, Office of the President -Hon. Asman Abongotum Kamama,
6) Minister for Finance - Hon. Amos Muhinga Kimunya
(7) Minister for Education - Hon. Professor Sam Ongeri
(8)Minister for Foreign Affairs - Hon. Moses Wetangula
9) Minister for Local Government - Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta
(10) Minister for Information and Communications - Hon. Samuel Lesuron Poghisio
(11) Minister for Water and Irrigation - Hon. John Munyes
(12) Minister for Energy - Hon. Kiraitu Murungi
(13) Minister for Roads and Public Works - Hon. John Njoroge Michuki, MP
(14) Minister for Science and Technology - Hon. Noah M. Wekesa
(15) Minister for Justice and Constitutional Affairs - Hon. Martha Karua
(16) Minister for East African Community - Hon. Dr. Wilfred Machage
(17) Minister for Transport - Hon. Chirau Ali Mwakwere
In brief, the president is telling ODM, President Kuffour, Gordon Brown, Desmond Tutu and Madam Fraser and all 4.5 million Kenyans who voted against him - YOU CAN GO TO HELL, I AM PRESIDENT.
Even as ODM shows goodwill by suspending protest rallies, the president is throwing mud at them by recalling parliament and naming his cabinet. The questions is: Is there need to continue negotiating with an individual who has shown over the last five years that he cannot honour agreement??
Analysis and comments to follow.