General Ogolla: Deadly last moments behind the scenes | Kenya news

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Nervous that I might die in Kenya (Kenya Betrayed)



Chapter 30

Today I felt very nervous. The fear that I might die in Kenya, kept gnawing at me, making me unable to be focused. Whenever I tried to read my notes, go through my earlier testimony at Scotland Yard's Office in London, my mind chewed a lock. And my body tensed. Was I going to be safe? And being that Philipp's letter approving his travelling alongside me had not come yet - was it sensible to take chances?

I walked into my study and started looking at some pictures on the wall. I saw a photo of the founding couple, Jomo and Mama Ngina Kenyatta.

..... decent people .....

I saw a picture of other friends - Grace and Bethwel Ogot.

..... fantastic people .....

Then a picture of Moi ......

I don't know that to think..... he could have been a wonderful President ..... a real Statesman ..... what has happened to the man I once knew and loved? Can I have been that wrong? When I meet him, I will let him know that is not too late to make things right. He can apologize to Christabel and to the nation. I even believe, Kenyans will forgive him. I will tell him that.....

Finally, I looked at a picture of Sandra. She was wearing a sleeveless dark-blue evening dress. There was a soft chandelier handing slightly to the left making her long flowing hair shine like black ebony - she was stunningly beautiful - and like Dr. Mungai once said: like a cover girl on People Magazin....

Looking at Sandra's photo, I thought again about Moi. What would he say when he could see Sandra now? Would he still recognize the little girl he once knew? Would he be proud like me that she had fulfilled her childhood dream and really had become a Veterinary - a dream he had planted in her when they visited together the game parks in his beautiful country?

I knew that Sandra was still hoping to be able...

Read more

The 5 most popular stories on Kumekucha Nov 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any posts breaking the house rules of COMMON DECENCY will be promptly deleted, i.e. NO TRIBALISTIC, racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive, swearing, DIVERSIONS, impersonation and spam AMONG OTHERS. No exceptions WHATSOEVER.