Ruto jitters: Is Raila really back? | Kenya news

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Chilling Warning To Kumekucha

archive

Today I received a chilling email from a man claiming to be "an insider". It was related to the post I published yesterday about the Kitchen cabinet. I took the warning very seriously because I have heard the same thing said from numerous other sources many times before. (I am very sensitive to warnings people give me because I am still haunted by the instance not too long ago when I ignored some warnings because I felt they were ridiculous. The price I paid was to lose a multi-million shilling business overnight. I was literally wiped out in hours. That story I will tell tomorrow). On several occasions I have also had reason to believe that I am being investigated from strange phone calls I received when I was living in a certain foreign country and other bizarre “coincidences”.

Here is part of that chilling email;

And I have to reveal to you that your blog (being the only serious blog in Kenya) has often been subject of talk by jittery State House operatives. In fact, the CID and the NSIS have been trying to trace the publisher of Kumekucha… Let your identity remain the way it has always been - a shadow

There are a few questions that readers of this blog need to ask themselves. Why should the said people be jittery if the information being published here is “lies” or “bar talk”? Why should the NSIS and CID be looking for the publisher of this blog?

My friends, this blog allows for anonymous posts. That is both a strength and a weakness. A strength because anybody can air their true views without fear here (even use abusive language while they are at it). And nobody here is trying to please me with their comments and that is one of the reasons why Kumekucha is a staple daily diet for so many Kenyans today.

However the weakness is that some of the comments left here are not genuine. They are made by people with certain objectives and clear agendas in mind. Many times I have sensed that some commentators here have deliberately tried to sway the debate and public opinion in a certain direction (and have succeeded many times) the whole idea being to give the impression that the said view is the common view amongst ordinary Kenyans.

Let us keep a very careful lookout for these kinds of comments and guys.

Personally I am very careful with my personal security (if I tell you the lengths I go into, you will laugh) because I know how high the stakes are. But I am not afraid of anything or anybody. I am serving my motherland and I am fully prepared to make any sacrifices that may be necessary for my children and grand children (and yours too) to wake up to a better Kenya some day.

One reader asked the pertinent question here recently (which everybody ignored). He asked; “Is it all worth it.” Especially when Kenya has in the past trashed her heroes and heroines. Where is Kenneth Matiba now? What happened to Tom Mboya? Etc etc. How many years did it take for Dedan Kimathi to get one lousy statue in the middle of town, which some people say scares tourists?

My answer to our reader’s important question is that a human being can never climb to a higher level than that of doing something selflessly and taking the risks that go with it in their stride.

I dream of a better Kenya. A country that will be the envy of the world. And guess what? Dreams come true. Long live Kenya. Long live the motherland.


Horror of Kenyan with female sex organ sharing cell with men at Kamiti Prison

Are you a Kenyan? Do You love your country? Join in this noble campaign to change things. Do something instead of just complaining.

Discover how the exciting new video web conferencing can make your business or web site much more profitable today.

2 comments:

  1. For obvious reasons, one should not make an effort, imagined or real to make a threat at a person doing his job, it shows the level of pettiness displayed by a section of the population.

    Making a threatening call amount to cowardice and for once, I pity that someone is really doing that. Silencing the Public Sphere!!

    Not strange though, in a population that every other person is double-faced, either sharpening a spear or using it, is was bound to happen.

    So what will be achieved by silencing Kumekucha or Chris in this case. I hope its a prankster and not anybody real. We have a history of threats turning out to be real. Alex Kipsang Muge is an example of politician threats that turned real.

    Take heart Chris. Tuko Mapambano. How many times has Aung Sang Su Chi been detained by the Bruttish regime in the Far East. She remains popular to this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Chris is not turning paranoid! I also hope that you are not trying to justify some of the imaginations you post here by telling us that you are now being threatened so what you write MUST be true!

    You lost me finally when you suggest that you lost a "multi-million shilling business overnight" after ignoring such warnings! Yani you have a multi-million shilling business and you want to fight guys who can finish you off? I think the line between idiocy and intelligence is becoming thin!

    Kenyans do not owe you anything to lose your sleep and money for them!!!

    Sorry Chris if I am sounding unsympathetic, it is just that some things refuse to add up and when this happens, I lose confidence!

    ReplyDelete

Any posts breaking the house rules of COMMON DECENCY will be promptly deleted, i.e. NO TRIBALISTIC, racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive, swearing, DIVERSIONS, impersonation and spam AMONG OTHERS. No exceptions WHATSOEVER.