Scary military reaction to General Ogolla crash | Kenya news

Monday, September 25, 2006

ODM Western Kenya Rally: Emotions Are Blinding Us As Usual

Kenyan Political Views Always Charged With Emotion

I remember shortly before the general election in 2002, I met my former Kanu-think-tank operative and I asked him what he thought about a Kibaki presidency. By this time, not only had he fallen out with kanu and Moi, but he was seeking ways to sue them over a certain squabble he had over money with the former president’s aide, Joshua Kulei.

His reply floored me and left a bad taste in my mouth.

I’ll never forget what he said:
Easy Blogger Creator
- The difference between Kibaki and Moi is the same.
- While we kill each other in the streets the two will castigate each other and then go out for a cup of tea together in secret.
- If I was expecting change in Kenya, I was dreaming.

That really hurt. I hated him for it. But I just smiled and told him that we shall just have to wait and see.

Well… We have waited and we have seen. And he was absolutely 1,000% correct.

This is really the big problem with political opinions. They are always so emotionally charged. We are always seeking reasons to support our preference and we call those reasons “facts.”

Just though I should pass this information on to all those die-hard supporters of ODM Kenya who are sure there will be changes if we elect this Kanu-line-up-2002 guys into power in 2007.

You may have a bad taste in your mouth now but by 2009 you may be having your regrets while you're an economic refugee in Spain or some place like that having gotten there in some dhow across the ocean like all those poor West Africans risk their lives daily doing. Or you may have arrived somehwere in Europe as cargo (heard about this latest illegal immigrants technique?)

These old guys don't have the sort of ideas and thinking needed to help get us out of the mess we are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any posts breaking the house rules of COMMON DECENCY will be promptly deleted, i.e. NO TRIBALISTIC, racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive, swearing, DIVERSIONS, impersonation and spam AMONG OTHERS. No exceptions WHATSOEVER.