Followers

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Adieu Kumekucha

Feel free to forward this post to your political friends

It is with a heavy heart that I write this my very last post.

Next May we would have all celebrated 10 great years of Kumekucha. But fate it seems had different ideas. The Kumekucha blog and all other Kumekucha brands have now been shut down for good. This decision has been taken after a lot of deep thought and wide consultation. It is irreversible. You will never again see a Kumekucha post, email or even book EVER AGAIN. In a few hours the Kumekucha blog will vanish off the face of the World Wide Web. I have called it quits, folks. It is just as well that I never got round to finalizing any deal to sell the Kumekucha blog because that would have complicated everything considerably.

Goodbye folks.

Why?

Because my children need their father more than ever before. Because I want very much to be there to receive my unborn child into this world. Because I firmly believe that my assassination would never add any value to the fight for a better Kenya. Because I am persuaded that there are other emerging Kenyans and bloggers ready to take up the fight where I have left off. Some of them are better and more resourceful than I have been. Because I feel I have done my bit and my circumstances and the circumstances in the country at the moment are such that I cannot continue with what I have been doing. It is time to listen to my long suffering family and loved ones some of home have always been very worried about my well being, knowing what they do about Kenyan politics and the threats I have received over the years.

This is serious business because I am writing this post over a post that I had prepared a few weeks ago and left instructions that should anything happen to me it should be posted immediately to at the very least discount any suicide theories or road accident claims. I have even left my earlier post title and the first paragraph intact.

Kumekucha has been a labour of love for my country. Contrary to what some people think I have never made a single cent in profits from it. Instead over the years I have taken money from my other scarce resources to finance it and keep it going. Even the fact that I recently aggressively started selling books has NOT changed the situation. How much have I put in over the years? A lot of money, a small fortune but I do not have an iota of regret. It is like investing a fortune in time and resources in a relationship where you end up being forced apart for reasons other than your love for each other. I still love my country to bits and that will never change.

My sincere apologies to all those whom I have disappointed by what will appear to many to be a cowardly act. But as I have said here before there is a very thin line between being brave and being stupid. Let time and history judge where I fall. Let historians also judge if I made any contribution to a better Kenya.

As I ride out to the sunset you can be sure that my thoughts will constantly be with you and my beloved banana republic. I will worry as always about the direction the country is heading but hopefully I will be less worried about my own personal safety.

Adieu my friends. It has been a great and eventful time being with you and I take this opportunity to wish you all the best in future.

The anonymous blogger only known as Chris Kumekucha.


Feel free to forward this post to your political friends