General Ogolla: Why Raila had to skip funeral and other untold secrets | Kenya news

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Transition: Terrible Shock For Kumekucha




This week started with a terrible shock for me that I am yet to recover from.

I have known the late Edward Weche (pictured) for many years, but I was still touched when in 2005 he gave me great assistance in publicizing this blog for the first time. I was short of cash then and the going was hard. He took time to introduce me to a few contacts some of whom have played a very major role in getting this site known and making it the success it is today. Contrary to what many people think, this blog started from very humble beginnings and is still an independent voice for the Kenyan people.

I will always remember Edward as a very ambitious young Kenyan who won the green card and got a chance to make his dreams come true in the United States, an undertaking that has unfortunately been brutally cut short by the cruel hand of death.

Edward suffered a heart attack as a result of a blood clot from a previous leg injury sustained in an accident. He was rushed to Franklin Square Hospital on the morning of Saturday 17th March but he didn’t make it.

Friends and family are meeting informally in Baltimore, USA as well as in Nairobi, Kenya. Kindly contact his brother (previously based in Botswana but now in Nairobi) for more details about funeral arrangements email: leruo77@yahoo.com




P.S. Regular readers can get obituaries of Kenyans posted here for free. Just send details to umissedthis at yahoo dot com. Make sure that you attach a recent photograph.

1 comment:

  1. I met Edward when we were doing A-Levels at Strathmore College. He will be remembered as a gentlemen's gentleman.

    "Weche I attended your younger Brother's funeral service and regret that distance does not allow me to pay you the same respects".

    "I knew you as a man on the faith, and also know that where you are is unimaginably better than where you have left us. RIP my friend and see you there when my time comes."

    John Makau

    ReplyDelete

Any posts breaking the house rules of COMMON DECENCY will be promptly deleted, i.e. NO TRIBALISTIC, racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive, swearing, DIVERSIONS, impersonation and spam AMONG OTHERS. No exceptions WHATSOEVER.