Scary military reaction to General Ogolla crash | Kenya news

Friday, October 28, 2005

Only Fools Never Change Their Minds

It has happened. The unthinkable event took place last night. My teenage son could not believe his ears when I announced that I had changed camps. I have now shifted from the orange camp to the banana camp.

Here are the chain of events that led to my sudden about-turn

1) My analysis and research clearly shows that the Banana team will win on Nov 21st… and very comfortably at that.
2) I post an article to that effect in this blog. I then promise a series of articles detailing the disaster that will follow this predicted event.
3) I start my research, which must begin with a thorough reading of the draft constitution. To my surprise I find that a lot of the propaganda that has been flying from the orange team about the new constitution is NOT TRUE.
4) I change my mind about the draft constitution. No there were no banana team politicians to welcome me at a rally somewhere. No I was not paid any cash.

I still feel, like most Kenyans, that the Kibaki administration has short-changed Kenyans. I still believe that it has elements in it that are even more corrupt than the Moi regime. But I am now convinced that the draft constitution offers the best chance Kenyans have ever had of changing things for the better. Read the next post to see my listed reasons. Meanwhile I have to talk to the person who sent me the draft constitution in the first place ( a die hard orange supporter). My conversation with him will begin with the words, “YOU MADE A BIG MISTAKE SENDING ME THE DRAFT CONSTITUTION, NOW SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO THE ORANGE CAMP….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any posts breaking the house rules of COMMON DECENCY will be promptly deleted, i.e. NO TRIBALISTIC, racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive, swearing, DIVERSIONS, impersonation and spam AMONG OTHERS. No exceptions WHATSOEVER.