Followers

Saturday, December 28, 2013

As you drink too much Coke over the weekend/holidays be warned PLUS a possible remedy

I love my ice cold Coke. Ai!! I just can't do without it. I drink several during the day and the 2 litre Coke isn't quite big enough for me and my small family and if I had the email address of the guy who makes decisions about bottle sizes, I would shoot them a note about coming up with a 5 litre or 10 litre Coke ASAP.

So why am I writing this article? Because I have tried very hard to make the following information make me stop my bad Coke habits and mostly I have failed. And so in a last desperate attempt I am publishing these facts in Kumekucha hoping that this will trigger enough warning bells in my brain to help me stop. Let's hope it works for me and those of you out there who are cokeholics like I am.

If you have been gulping down too much Coke over the holidays chances are very high that you could develop heart disease. According to a study published in 2007 in Circulation, the journal of the American Heart Association, subjects who drank a soda every day over a four-year period had a 25% chance of developing high blood sugar levels. The Nurses’ Health Study found that women who drank more than two sugary beverages per day had a 40% higher risk of heart attacks or death from heart disease than women who rarely drank sugary beverages.

It is also rather obvious that you’ll be fatter and you don’t need any research findings to tell you that. All that sugar will definitely bulge out in various parts of your body. Still (for those who want documented research) according to research in the Nurse’s Health Study, which monitored the health of 90,000 women for eight years, drinking a single soda every day of the week added 10 pounds over a four-year period.

This next one is pretty scary. Chances are that you’ll develop diabetes. In the Nurses’ Health Study, women who said they drank one or more servings a day of a sugar-sweetened soft drink or fruit punch were twice as likely to have developed type 2 diabetes during the study than those who rarely consumed these beverages. Again the main culprit is all that sugar.

Generally speaking, you’re bound to be less healthy in many other ways. Several studies, including the 2007 study published in Circulation, suggest that diet sodas have some of the same effects on health as regular sodas, despite having none or very little of the sugar. Why? Drinking soda is typically part of an overall lifestyle that’s not very healthy: We know you don’t like us to compare drinking caffeine and sugar to substance abuse, but when it comes to your lifestyle, some think that soda is just like a gateway drug.


P.S. Somebody gave me the following information that seems to suggest I can keep my beloved Coke as long as I drink lots of tea and water. Is it true?

"The good news is drinking tea can protect against heart disease, so after every can of coke drink a hot tea(sugarless preferably) and you will counteract the effects of the coca-cola

Above all drink water which cancels out the effect of both the tea and coke.The human body is capable of taking in 1.5-2 litres of fluid a day, so you can still have your cake(coke) and eat(drink) it no problem."



Kumekucha's Latest News

Your smartphone battery can last much longer

"You are a traitor," Keter tells Ruto

How Coke can be deadly

Kenya still a paradise for human traffickers 

Sudan: Crafty Macher fools many about how trouble started

Did Blogger die because of Shebesh/Sonko nude photos?

Githu to Bensouda: There is no way I can give you Uhuru's net worth... EVER 

Can President Uhuru tell the difference between "tribal" and "political"

President and his deputy want to go on trips with more women 

So eager to die, she couldn't wait for Christmas