THE COALITION OF ODM VOLUNTEERS ELECTION MONITORING SUPPORT (26TH TO 28TH DECEMBER 2007)
Dear members and supporters of ODM,
You are requested to kindly provide ODM with the following support:
1. Material, logistical and financial resources to monitor the General Elections; and
2. Volunteer Monitoring at the polling station where you will be voting, and real-time relaying of intelligence and vote tallying results to ODM’s main Call Centre.
ELECTION MONITORING DEMANDS ON ODM
• There are 23,000 polling stations countrywide;
• Each polling station has upto 5 voting streams, thus up to 115,000 ballot boxes;
• ODM requires 2 Agents per ballot box, so upto 230,000 Agents countrywide;
• Each Agent requires the following so as to operate efficiently:
- A cellular phone loaded with sufficient airtime to liaise real-time;
- Food, water and refreshments during their 48-hr stay at on the job; and
- Intelligence on relevant election activity that they should look out for.
• ODM requires back-up Agents to fill in vacancies that may arise between 26-28th Dec.
• The ODM Call Centre requires an alternative channel of both verifying and receiving election intelligence and vote tallying results so as to reduce the risk of sabotage.
HOW YOU CAN ASSIST ODM IN ELECTION MONITORING SUPPORT
You can participate in providing Election Monitoring Support as follows:
1. Volunteer and also recruit others volunteers to be ODM’s Agents and Support Monitors countrywide. The criteria being:
a. You must have both an ID card and a voters card;
b. You must be registered as a voter in the particular polling station that you intend to volunteer as an agent or a monitor; and
c. You should preferably have a cellphone.
To volunteer email or sms of your Names (or names of those you have recruited), Constituency and the Polling Station at which you will be voting, and your cellphone numbers to Logistics@odmprofessionals.co.ke or to Donald (0722-834194), Eric (0722-262738), Chris (0729-761973) or the OPN Secretariat PREFERABLY BY MON 17TH DEC & LATEST BY WED 19TH DEC.
2. Donate financial, material and logistical resources. And the following are required by ODM:
a. Safaricom and Celtel Airtime in millions of shillings. ‘Sambaza’ or ‘Me2You’ airtime to the following mobile numbers 0711 649817 and 0736-978149;
b. M-Pesa or Sokotele donations to 0711-64 98 17 and Contact James Mwanjau (0736-978149) or Paul Mekubo (0722-861214) or email Finance@odmprofessionals.co.ke
c. Professional services to the Call Centre, motor vehicles, cellphones, computers/laptops, printers, stationery and many more;
d. Food (preferably packed), water and refreshments;
As ODM’s Support Monitor, you will play the following roles:
a. Act as alternative liaison persons between ODM’s Agents at the polling station and ODM’s Call Centre;
b. Gather and relay intelligence (to both ODM’s Agents and our Monitoring Centre) on the activities outside and around the polling stations that may negatively impact on ODM’s chances of success in the polls;
c. Distributing/offering food, water, refreshments, cellphone airtime and other relevant assistance to ODM’s Agents at the polling stations;
d. As permissible by the respective ECK Returning Officers relieve any ODM Agent who being overwhelmed by the task must take a break; and
e. Reminding constituents and the supporters of ODM, to GET OUT AND VOTE, and this may depending on circumstances and resources include assisting the infirm, the weak and the old to go and vote.
For More Information Contact:
ODM Professionals Network (OPN)
C/o M&O Advocates
20th Floor, View Park Towers
Utalii Lane/ Monrovia Street
P.O. Box 13724-00800
Landline: 24 87 31 / 2
Wireless: (020) 201 64 92
Cellphones: 0722 83 41 94
0721 66 66 70
0736 97 81 49
Fax: + (254) (20) 24 87 33
ODM Professionals Network (OPN) is an integrated volunteer network of professionals and industry players who desire real change in the political, economic and social arena of the Republic of Kenya as perpetrated in the ODM Manifesto, and intend to pursue the same both before and well beyond the 27th December 2007 elections. Email email@example.com to join the Network and support real change.