Scary military reaction to General Ogolla crash | Kenya news

Monday, July 16, 2007

Why This Luo Thing Hurts Me So…

archive

Today's posts are all dedicated to the closest friend I ever had, the late Ger Nyanjom, whose life was brutally cut short before he could achieve his dreams. The man who shot him at point blank range in a Nairobi office and stole nothing in 2005 has never been arrested to this day. Circumstances point to the fact that my friend "G" as he was fondly known to those who were close to him, lost his life because he was a Luo (sorry, I can't give details).

Thank you "G" for being there for me when I was down and out. I will not rest until all the Luo propaganda, that has caused so much anguish to this community and which was partly to blame for your death, is reversed and all Kenyans reach a place where they understand and appreciate the Luo community as precious Kenyans whose contribution to our beloved motherland has always been downplayed and undermined. I dream that one day soon, a popular Luo president will be elected in Kenya and the electorate will not even notice that he is a Luo…



I was born in Kisumu and yet strangely enough my parents were not residents of this beautiful Luo Nyanza lakeside city. They were in fact traveling and Kumekucha just couldn't wait to get into this world—if only I knew the nature of this world then, I would not have been in such a hurry.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any posts breaking the house rules of COMMON DECENCY will be promptly deleted, i.e. NO TRIBALISTIC, racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive, swearing, DIVERSIONS, impersonation and spam AMONG OTHERS. No exceptions WHATSOEVER.