Scary military reaction to General Ogolla crash | Kenya news

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Where Did You Go To School Kumekucha?

Here are two recent comments that I would like to talk about;

Anonymous said...
Chris/Kumekucha,

Thanx for what you have said. I wish i knew your second name and we could be talking business.
I had a word with a former colleague at the UON and I was told much. I dont dwell on that. lets not say anything about quality. It is not my wish to answer along lines that will make me fear meeting you in person. One day I will and we shall laugh. In one of your posts today, you told me that I am unprofessional (or rather you tried to belittle me for making a typographical error. EREONE and you even said that it should be EVERYONE. Thank you. But in the same reply, you made an error on the word thoise. Is it SIN that I made an error and you did not.
In another post, you have in your 'headline' ORDOR and again ODOR in the body. No sin or mistake there: It is Kumekucha!
The San Fransisco Times has nothing to do with brainwash. There is one journalist in New York (my former student) who visited the blog after the Jeff rumours and contacted me through email wondering why journalists from some parts of the world 'witch hunt' and that is the time I contacted a lecturer at the UON. Indeed he told me that a former lecturer at School of Journalism has tasted your broadside.
This journo had a story about a West African working as an INTERN in their newspaper from the State UNI and always had journalists from his home town writing nasty things to the editors about him.
In anycase, I am not even in San Fransisco I am lecturing in New York and I have been told you went to my old school; CHANGES, though no one knows your other name or full names.
11:13 AM
mulwaa said...
Chris, i am just curious, where did u go to school? i know where u went for high skul but i want to know before and after that. From what u write, it is obvious that You are amazingly intelligent and that is why i am asking.

Very few kenyans can match your ideas, imaginations and arguments. I would love to go tho those skuls that u attended.



Dear Mr Professional, I am sorry for my outburst, I should have kept my cool amid your biting opening remarks. Now who started the typos thing? Please read your earlier comment.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for visiting Kumekucha and making your real feelings felt here. That is what this blog thrives on.

I know the former lecturer you are talking about and the story on him is 1000% accurate. I triple-checked it myself.

We may not agree on blogs and journalism, but at least we agree that having a civil discussion and agreeing to disagree is the way to go. Please use my email and give me some advice on how I can improve this blog. I will really appreciate that. Yes, I am always willing to learn and that brings me to my next point about where I went to school. Yes it is true that I was in Lenana for six good years of my life and I hope this lecturer guy is not “Bimbo” whom I know and he knows me too.

But where I went to school is besides the point in my view. Mulwaa, if your flattering remarks about my creativity have any truth in them then the credit must go to the person who taught me eagerness to constantly learn. Or to answer your question in another way, I am still very much in school. For security reasons, this post will continue one day in the near future, when I will publish even my photograph here. That will be the day huh!

4 comments:

  1. Chris,

    Can I be civil enough and say sorry for the outburts. Indeed, I am sorry that at least somethings that I came to learn just by asking were confirmed and to me, you are aware of them.
    With alot of respect, SORRY.
    At least you agree that someone somewhere got some facts right.
    I can only say that I am sorry, not that you are not doing a good thing. I also contribute to quite a few blogs, and spelling mistakes are abound.
    How many words to you write in a day. A blogger does (confirmed by a recent research) 50000 words in a day. Edits it and has to keep in constant touch with the rest of the world. I do have respect for that. The only thing is that at times, one gets carried away and others, one is misled by fact. We all do that.
    For the blog, as any journalism practitioner will tell you, the public sphere thrives on the freedom and the uncontrolled nature of the Fourth Estate and in many way, you have risen above some blogs that I have visited on matters affecting Kenya as a country. It is more that a chat room. It is at least above mediocrity at times. But not MENSTURATION ODOURS.
    Finally, thanx for your reply and if I had you email, I could have done it in a more personal way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is good for kumekucha. i appreciate that you understand when you go wrong and your apologies to that man are welcome. next time, compose yourself, digest it. just avoid sarcasm, like calling someone 'mr professional' he is not. then you all went to the same school may be different years. not to praise you or him, but to appreciate that you both know that you need each others views and independent opinion. anyway, good job. i have started visiting blogs. kk

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!

    Does this happen to you sometimes (because it happens to me too frequently these days).

    You've had one of those days (writing close to 50,000 words as we've been told) and then you drop in at Kumekucha and are reading a few of the more serious Kumekucha articles (definitely not the MENSTURATION ODOURS one) and then you read this comment and suddenly you are on the floor with aching ribs and tears of laughter in your eyes and your wife is wondering whether they should call a doctor (you know what kind) or ask you what's wrong and suddenly life isn't that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. serious bloggers do 70,000 to 80,000 words (The Guardian Newspapers, 3 June 2006). please correct the figures. they write and look at replies that amount to 80,000 wornds. NY Times, LA TImes or The Herald Tribune receive 3 million words from reporters and correspondents around the world. Only 180,000 are used. FACT

    ReplyDelete

Any posts breaking the house rules of COMMON DECENCY will be promptly deleted, i.e. NO TRIBALISTIC, racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive, swearing, DIVERSIONS, impersonation and spam AMONG OTHERS. No exceptions WHATSOEVER.