1. Here is Kumekucha's stand on the violence and killings.
2. I urge all Kumekucha readers and Kenyans of goodwill to take note of the comment made in this blog by a foreign journalist recently to the effect that "HE KNOWS" Kenyan security personnel usually keep very close tabs on blogs like this one. I have plenty of evidence to support that allegation.
3. I appeal to all persons leaving comments here, in the spirit of truth and justice which most of us agree is the only way Kenya will get out of it's current mess to desist from trying to use this forum to spin their crazy ideas to the International community.
I am aware that some people's jobs are on the line because Kibaki has badly lost the propaganda war with the International press and that's why Kimunya and company have been desperately feeding news outlets like Sky with bizzarre "angles" of the situation in Kenya. I am also aware that these government "PR people" blame Kumekucha for playing a part in their loss. While I am flattered (I didn't know I was that powerful) the truth is that the Kibaki team lost it when they shot themselves in the foot by gagging the media. Of course it all started with the rigging done right infront of the eyes of International observers. You can't spin the unspinable.
So I ask you to kindly leave Kumekucha alone and practice your spin ideas in other more popular and "like minded" sites, some of which have announced here that they have taken a lead in peace and seeking solutions to the Kenyan problem in contrast to the "negativity-sells-approach of kumekucha."
Be informed that I will now be actively deleting comments that I feel fall under this category. If this does not work, I will start moderating all comments again.
4. I have also noted that most of these "spin doctors" usually "attack" this blog at the same time at around the time when Kenyan commentators have called it a day and just before those in the US wake up (does this give a hint to the market they are targetting for the spin ideas)? This is the time I will be most alert from now on.
There are of course many genuine PNU supporters who are regular commentators here. Please note I AM NOT referring to you, so please do not make any comments here proclaiming your innocence, I know exactly who I am referring to and they also know themselves. I urge you my genuine PNU brothers and sisters to resist the usual Kenyan "disease" of wanting to comment on issues they do not quite understand too well.
5. Let me also take this opportunity to state clearly that in my view the idea of censoring news and keeping information from the people under the pretext of avoiding provocation/incitement is quite ridiculous for many reasons, the most obvious being that the vast majority of the main combatants on the ground do not read newspapers, let alone blogs like this one. In Rwanda a radio station broadcasting in vernacular was used to incite people. The situation in Rwanda for those who will bother to study it, was VERY different from what is happening in Kenya.
In my view too many people are barking up the wrong tree even as real danger lingers on the ground. Nobody for instance is doing anything about bracing for the second wave of violence (mainly for revenge reasons) that is bound to sweep across the country if the people responsible are not alert. If it happens, it will make what has already happen look like kindergarten stuff.
God have mercy on Kenya. God save Kenya.
P.S. I was in church today. The feeling amongst many praying Kenyans is that what is happening in Kenya now is judgement against the people of Kenya for past sins including political assassinations, arrogance and injustice against the common man e.g. land grabbing, stealing life-saving medicine from public hospitals causing the deaths of thousands of poor people etc. The feeling is that unless Kenyans repent their sins, the worst is yet to come. Every stiff neck (arrogant unrepentant Kenyans) will be cut down by the judgement of the LORD before peace returns to Kenya. So my advice is that as you pray you focus on repentance and also ask the LORD to remember mercy for Kenya.
P.S. 2 Some people believe that this is the "earthquake of judgement" that Dr Awuor was talking about only that it has come in a differet and more devastating form.