God made a Kenyan
Kenyan made the
I am certain most of you will go out and buy Safaricom shares like crazy. But make sure that you remember to look in the mirror after applying for your shares. That is if you want to see a corrupt Kenyan Live (or livu as my Tanzanian brothers like to say) and at very close range.
And if you are against corruption then it is a good idea that you start your fight against the vice with the person you see in the mirror. That is one person who has the power to stop corruption dead in its’ tracks and what better place to start than to cause the Safaricom IPO to fall flat on its’ face.
In case you are able to sober up from your money-mania high for one minute, here are some 7 solid reasons why you should not even touch the Safaricom prospectus.
- Shares have to be purchased through stock brokers. Already two have gone bust, the latest being Nyaga Stock Brokers. Both collapses have had one thing in common; the stock brokers were trading in their client’s shares without the knowledge of the said clients. The hurred computerization of the NSE has made these games so easy, it is unbelievable and a big scandal on its’ own. And Safaricom will be the ideal share to play this game with, especially in the first few weeks of trading. Do you want to cheat yourself that only Nyaga Stock Brokers were playing the game of trading in client shares? In law two witnesses saying the same thing confirm a thing. In my book two brokers dealing in client shares confirms that this “disease” is rampant on the NSE. Right now there are 130,000 very upset Kenyans who may never recover their hard earned life savings which they handed over to Nyaga stock brokers in good faith. It is sheer madness that the government and Kenyans have ignored those 130,000 Kenyans in their greed to get to Safaricom shares. It is obvious that the thing to do would be to fix the rot within the NSE first before doing anything else, least of all launching the largest IPO in the history of Africa north of the
- By purchasing Safaricom shares you will be putting money into the pockets of the corrupt ghosts who own Mobitelea. We all know them.
- The entry of Safaricom shares in the NSE will affect all other shares currently there negatively, because of the sheer size of the offer. (Picture what happens in a village market when somebody floods the entire place with cheap but very sweet oranges. It will affect all other commodities in that market) The elite club within the NSE have already prepared for this and have carefully positioned themselves to make a killing as you struggle to make your few shillings from your few Safaricom shares. In other words you are being used as a pawn in other people’s schemes while cheating yourself that you are making a wise investment and that you will make a killing.
- Investing in the Safaricom shares is a statement from you that Turkwell Gorge was clean and so was Goldenberg and Anglo Leasing. Actually you will be saying that corruption is OK as long as you make something. Incidetally this is what got us into the crisis of last December in the first place. A sizeable number of Kenyans decided that it is OK to vote for corrupt governments and individuals as long as those people come from our tribe. In other words you are surely a tribalist if you buy Safaricom shares, because it is proof that you think very selfishly.
- Buying Safaricom shares will be a powerful vote against reform and against a new constitution from you. Thank you for voting, the government will happily hear you, because you will have spoken loudly and clearly.
- Those planning to get in quickly and then swiftly get rid of the shares soon after at a much higher price had better think twice. Do you think it will work with maybe a million other Kenyans planning to do exactly the same thing? People make money from stock exchanges by swimming in the opposite direction which is exactly the direction the fat cats will be swimming. I am talking about those guys Kenyans want to make even richer but already, to these guys, Kshs 10 million is loose pocket change.
- If you apply for those shares before the grand coalition government is in place, you will be making a very significant statement. Figure it our for yourself.