Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Why Uhuru's hands are tied
By Kumekucha reader
These are not the days of one party rule for which the old geezers now trying to surround Uhuru thrived in. There are a few things which bind Uhuruto for now:
1. ICC where they either hang together or be hanged separately
2. The new constitution - without Ruto, Uhuru is nothing unless he (Uhuru) changes the constitution.
3. Parliament - Uhuru is weaker than Ruto and therefore Uhuru will fail in any attempts to finish Ruto
4. Political Parties Act - URP and TNA are independent parties.If Uhuru advisers think they can con URP to campaign and vote for him and then runs away with the cake. He is wrong by a wide margin. Uhuru needs URP to pass government agenda in parliament.
5. The Supreme Court - Recent ruling by the SCOK indicates the direction future rulings will take and they dont seem to favor Uhuru.
6. Historical injustices do not favor Uhuru to mess again with the nation of Kenya like his father and Moi did. Kibaki tried and almost burnt the nation and we are not out of the woods yet.
7. There are county governments with their own ideas which do not favor Uhuru's central government.
8. Finally, I believe the promises Mama Ngina gave Ruto cannot be broken easily by Uhuru. He will have to keep them for the sake of his mother.